|Women Executives in Virginia Higher Education (WEVHE) is an affiliate of the Virginia Network and the American Council on Education Office of Women in Higher Education (OWHE). The mission of OWHE is to advance women’s leadership by:
- IDENTIFYING women leaders nationally in higher education through extensive networks.
- DEVELOPING women’s leadership abilities through state and national programming.
- ENCOURAGING women to use their leadership abilities.
- ADVANCING more women into senior-level leadership positions by nominating them and working with search firms on placement.
- LINKING women to other women and mentors.
- SUPPORTING the tenure of mid- and senior-level women administrators and presidents throughout their careers.
WEVHE shares a commitment to this mission and plays a particular role in identifying, nurturing, and advancing women into executive level positions and decision making roles for higher education in the Commonwealth. Through networking, individual mentorship, nomination, and targeted programs, WEVHE provides support and encouragement to those taking on leadership roles in Virginia higher education. Advocacy for issues of importance to women is also an important part of the mission.